Gardening in Miniature: Create Your Own Tiny Living World
Author: Janit Calvo
Publisher: Timber Press
Number of Pages: 256
Get ready to journey into the huge world of growing small!
The next garden trend combines the joy of gardening with the magic of miniatures. Gardening in Miniature is a complete guide to creating lush, living, small-scale gardens. It has everything you need to pick up this new hobby, including scaled down garden designs, techniques for creating tiny hardscapes, miniature garden care and maintenance, tips on choosing containers, how to buy the right plants, and where to find life-like accessories. Inspiring step-by-step projects feature basic skills that can be recreated in any number of designs, like a tiny patio, a trellis, a pond, and a secret garden.
Whether you want to build a miniature empire in your garden bed or design a private garden with a pebble patio for an indoor centerpiece, Gardening in Miniature is the primer for creating your own tiny, living world.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Good Things Come in Small Gardens
- Miniature Worlds 101: Do a Little Gardening
- Scaled Design Basics: Shrinking the Garden Rules
- Patios and Pathways: Walking the Miniature Talk
- Plants for the Miniature Garden: It's a Small World
- Garden Care: It Needs You, You Need It
- Miniature Garden Accessories: Personality Plus
- Miniature Garden Projects: Let's Make Some Magic
- Miniature Garden Maintenance: Your Fork as a Rake
- Additional Reading
- Metric Conversions
- Photo Credits